[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] Cordless drill/screw driver

To: Mark Andy <>, ShopTalk <>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cordless drill/screw driver
From: Arvid <>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 11:55:46 -0600
References: <> <> <>
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.10.0
I will add my vote for Milwaukee.

I have 3 M12 FUEL and 1 M18 FUEL drills. FUEL is the Milwaukee name for 

95% of the time an M12 with the 2ah battery gets it done. The other 5% of the 
time is handled by the M12 right angle drill (obvious 'nothing else fits there' 
situations) or something like 'need several 7/8 inch holes in the tractor 
bucket'. In the latter case I make sure I have the torque handle attached as 
the drill will get away from me pretty easily.

The only shortcoming that I have found in the Milwaukee lineup is that it seems 
to be focused on construction related tools. Fine woodworking seems to be a 
little lower on their priority list. Their M18 palm sander gets lots of bad 
review and they do not have an M18 track saw package. Having said that I do 
have their M18 router which I am happy with and their M18 7 1/4 circular saw. 
Sadly the dust collection on the saw is horrible. Definitely designed ... or 
more likely just ignored ... for the construction setting where sawdust all 
over is probably not an issue. Many 'less than 5 start' reviews based on that 



<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>