Re: [Shop-talk] Soil stack venting issue (Jim Franklin)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Soil stack venting issue (Jim Franklin)
From: Mark Miller <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 00:18:31 -0800
Something to try is to clean it out from up on top.  Use a long length
of chain, tie something really big (relative to the size of the pipe) to
one end (to keep from losing it in the stack) and drop the other end
into the vent from up on the roof.  Fish it up and down and see what
crap you can dislodge/scrape off and flush out.  Having water flowing
from above (hot is better) would be a plus: you say the kitchen sink is
the top of the stack so hot flowing into that sink should do it.

Good luck and happy fishing!

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
markmiller@threeboysfarm.com