[Shop-talk] Cooling of air compressor

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net> definitions=2020-10-23_16:2020-10-23, 2020-10-23 signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2006250000 definitions=main-2010230131
Subject: [Shop-talk] Cooling of air compressor
From: Robert Nogueirao <nogera@icloud.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 16:39:47 -0500
Iâ??ve got a two stage 80 gallon Campbell Hausfeld compressor which is mounted
in a small shead atached to the back of the garage. It has served well for the
past twenties years giving me no problems. It Is seeing far least uses in the
last few years oon
Y providing tire air and the occasional blowing off of dust.
    I went into the shead yesterday to drain water from the tank and it appears
a rodent had taken up residents there making a nest in the squirrel cage fan
which is fitted to the compressor to cool the cylinders. The flywheel also has
fan type blades but they appear to be more of a â?? what to hell why notâ??
addition than a attempt to provide air movement. Anyway when the compressor
started up with the new nest inside the squirrel cage blower the fan was blown
to bits but nothing else was damaged.
THE PROBLEM:   Campbell Hausfeld no longer carries parts and a search online
found no blowers which look like the would work. So the question is is the
cooling air blowing over the cylinders important enough that I should shut the
compressor Down until blower can be found or will occasional use be okay.?

Bob Nogueira