Re: [Shop-talk] Solar driveway runway lights?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Solar driveway runway lights?
From: neiljsherry@talktalk.net ZFNn0IFTHgEzOjq9+82rfxaQh87hpn3m/jUwSi3b9EBmgw85OkfG8pZbIRiPDXTCyHzY18rLt932aw==
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 17:18:01 +0100

------IDQIZG3388BHBPL4ATJ0NLN5TDPYIF
 charset=utf-8

Maybe just white painted posts would be enough=2E Where I reverse park my c=
ar I have a white plant pot which makes it easier to spot where the edge is=
=2E

On 17 September 2020 16:02:00 BST, Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench=2Eorg>=
 wrote:
>I did the lollipop snowplow reflectors and they kept twisting in the
>wind so I'd need to go correct them every once in a while, plus they
>looked hokey=2E But, they worked=2E A reflector post, like on roadsides, =
on
>a 4x4, now you have me thinking=2E One issue that comes to mind is,
>people walking up the driveway could trip on them, especially when the
>garage carriage lights are relatively bright compared to everything
>else in their field of view and would blind them to ground based
>obstacles=2E=20
>
>Maybe I need some kind of top reflector as well=2E Hmm=2E=20
>
>> On Sep 17, 2020, at 9:53 AM, Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast=2Enet>
>wrote:
>>=20
>> Would reflector posts work for you? Good reflectors would be very
>> visible, cost less, and require less maintenance than lighted
>markers=2E
>> <https://www=2Etrafficsafetystore=2Ecom/road-markers/set-of-ten> As lon=
>as
>> your reversing lamps work and the snow is not _too_ high, these will
>be
>> visible=2E
>>=20
>> To make them directional, paint the side you don't want visible=2E
>>=20
>> HTH,
>> Donald=2E
>> --
>> *Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
>> () no proprietary attachments; no html mail
>> /\ <https://www=2Egeorgedillon=2Ecom/web/html_email_is_evil=2Eshtml>
>>=20
>> On 2020-09-17 9:31 a=2Em=2E, Jim Franklin wrote:
>>> It's impossible to back down my driveway at night because of the
>lack of light, so I need to add something=2E Ideally I'd have something
>like this; double ideally they'd be directional so they were only
>visible to someone backing down the driveway=2E And they'd need to be
>somewhat stout to deal with weather, errant feet, etc=2E, but I think
>that's mostly an installation issue=2E Have any of you done anything like
>this?=20
>>>=20
>>> The project in the link below is a bit more complex than I want to
>get into but it gives you an idea=2E I'd like solar powered with a
>daylight sensor=2E I don't have an easy way to run power to the driveway=
=2E
>The bulky pathway lights at $30 apiece is way out of budget=2E=20
>>>=20
>>> https://www=2Epinterest=2Ecom/pin/14847873742968238/
>>>=20
>>> thanks,
>>> jim

=2Enet

--=20
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail=2E Please excuse my brevity=2E