Re: [Shop-talk] Shop air line pressure

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop air line pressure
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 14:11:01 -0600
On 5/31/20 1:07 PM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> Quick question,
>
> I think that my cheapie HF tools are failing because my air lne
> presure is too high (about 135 psi for the whole shop.)

One explanation for your cheapie HF tools failing is they are cheapie HF
tools.  Meticulously hand crafted from the finest Chinese dung-forged steel.

Back when I was renting a 30 x 30 foot shop to work on various Triumph
projects, I had a big filter first in line from the compressor output.
It put out about 175 psi at full chat.  The filter was followed by a tee
with the leg basically unused, the run went to a regulator set to 120
psi.  That was enough for most tools.  If something needed more I'd plug
it into the tee before the regulator to get the max available pressure
to it.

mjb.

utox.team.net