Re: [Shop-talk] LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG OVER DUE WINDOWS UPDATES

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG OVER DUE WINDOWS UPDATES
From: Neil Sherry <neiljsherry@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:03:21 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_11718_1415897637.1539079401245

Fine to update, should be no problems with updating Windows 7 in itself. Th=
e one issue you may face is that there have been some updates without which=
 the update process hangs - I think Microsoft made some changes to improve =
security from their end which require updates to the Windows Update compone=
nts on the PC. You may be lucky and already have them, but otherwise the be=
st thing is to apply btjose updates manually. Google 'windows 7 updates slo=
w' - there are two or three updates to get manually from Microsoft Update C=
atalog website.

Neil

Sent from Outlook for Android

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 3:41 AM +0100, "Tim ." <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.co=
m> wrote:

Yes, this is not a=C2=A0shop talk=C2=A0type of post=C2=A0but some of Y'all =
(sorry but I=C2=A0just got back from bloody Memphis) are better on the comp=
uter side of things=C2=A0than I used to be.=C2=A0

I have a laptop that is old, tired, and=C2=A0seriously beat on. Thankfully =
the pint that I spilled on it some many years ago only took out the "Z". (I=
 have to copy and paste one from a word doc..funny this..... NOT) Anyway,=
=C2=A0I've not done any windows
 updates in too long because I seriously=C2=A0don't think this computer can=
 handle the updates.=C2=A0

Win7 home premium currently being run on a Toshiba C655, Pentium CPU @2.20 =
GH w 4Gigs of ram=C2=A0that shows "service pack 1"

Finally here's the question:=C2=A0

What can I expect if I just click the "update" button for these long overdu=
e updates.=C2=A0

cheers
happily home from sketchy memphis
tim

------=_Part_11718_1415897637.1539079401245

padding: 0; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: black; ">Fine to
update, should be no problems with updating Windows 7 in itself. The one issue
you may face is that there have been some updates without which the update
process hangs - I think Microsoft made some changes to improve security from
their end which require updates to the Windows Update components on the PC. You
may be lucky and already have them, but otherwise the best thing is to apply
btjose updates manually. Google 'windows 7 updates slow' - there are two or
three updates to get manually from Microsoft Update Catalog website.<br>
sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: black; ">Neil<br>
sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: black; "><div dir="auto" style="direction:
ltr; margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color:
Android</a></div>
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com";

solid;padding-left:1ex">

{margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;} --></style>

style="font-size:12pt;color:#000000;font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;"
dir="ltr">
Yes, this is not a&nbsp;<b style="text-decoration-line: underline;">shop
talk</b>&nbsp;type of post&nbsp;but some of Y'all (sorry but I&nbsp;just got
back from bloody Memphis) are better on the computer side of things&nbsp;than I
used to be.&nbsp;
the pint that I spilled on it some many years ago only took out the "<span>Z".
(I have to copy and paste one from a word doc..funny this..... NOT)
Anyway,&nbsp;</span>I've not done any windows
 updates in too long because I seriously&nbsp;don't think this computer can
handle the updates.&nbsp;</div>
GH w 4Gigs of ram&nbsp;that shows "service pack 1"</div>
overdue updates.&nbsp;<br>

------=_Part_11718_1415897637.1539079401245--

--===============0317451025433637756==

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk