[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] Should I ground a floor lamp?

To: "'Jim Franklin'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Should I ground a floor lamp?
From: "Randall" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 18:28:32 -0700
References: <>
Thread-index: AdH7H3qb/w76M30XTwmhepvMBZwslQAK44Hg a=qZdJX8rkFm4y5TzLCyaqOg==:117 a=qZdJX8rkFm4y5TzLCyaqOg==:17 a=L9H7d07YOLsA:10 a=9cW_t1CCXrUA:10 a=s5jvgZ67dGcA:10 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=p_gsw-nvYQgkRj-nyOYA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10
> I'm rewiring an old lamp and the engineer in me says I should ground the
> frame in case the socket goes awry. There's currently no conductivity
> between the neutral part of the socket and the frame/pole (isolated by a
> cardboard sleeve), so if the hot touches the frame it will become hot.
> Paranoid or common sense? Any reason not to?

Only reason not to IMO would be if you still have a 2 prong outlet or
extension cord somewhere.



<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>