Re: [Shop-talk] Tool review: HF rotary hammer

To: markmiller@threeboysfarm.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tool review: HF rotary hammer
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 23:12:15 -0700
I have an older version of one of their SDS rotary hammers (like the
current $90 ones) and second the recommendation for this type of tool.
I have the flat chisel set (#42651) and used it several times on
bathroom demo.  The narrow chisel was great for breaking off wall tile.
The wider chisel was great at removing glued down vinyl floor.  I peeled
up nice strips with very little effort.  I also used it to break the
cement and lath free of the wall studs when my arms were too tired to
keep banging the pry bar with the small sledge hammer.

Need to drill a 1" hole through a 8" poured concrete wall?  This works
for that too.

The only place where I needed more was breaking a floor slab to replace
failed drain pipes.  This tool wasn't up to that task, so I upgraded to
a 35lb breaker hammer and it went right through the floor.

For your own safety, don't forget eye and ear protection.  When working
indoors, I also add a box fan hanging the window to exhaust the dust and
wear a respirator.  It isn't good to taste the air.

Brian