Re: [Shop-talk] chainsaw problem - TruFuel

To: john niolon <jniolon@att.net>, shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] chainsaw problem - TruFuel
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 17:43:09 -0700
John - Once you get the saw working again....

I've become a fan of TruFuel for seldom used engines.  It comes premixed
and is without ethanol.  Long term stability is good and the engines
always start right up.  You also don't have to run the engine out of gas
before storing a couple months.

Yes it cost more, but when I had trouble with my Echo string trimmer,
they wanted to blame my gas.  Once I told them the only thing I ran was
TruFuel, the attitude changed, they looked at the carb and saw it was
clean, then fixed it free (purchased at a local small business and they
service what they sell).  Since I'm in California, we have extra bad
gas, so this stuff makes even more of a difference.

If you buy TruFuel at the blue big box by the six pack, you get a 10%
case discount.  There are other brands of the same thing, but I can't
comment on them since I've only used the TruFuel.  I did check with Echo
and Stihl and they say it meets their specifications, so no warranty
issues.

Brian