Re: [Shop-talk] Gorilla gluing tile

To: Robert nogueira <nogera@me.com>, Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Gorilla gluing tile
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 12:40:17 -0800
Bob - I'd stay with a good thinset instead of glue.  You don't need to
clean the old thinset out of the squares of the Ditra.  You just need to
the the stuff above the surface.  If the old thinset in the membrane is
still solid, the new thinset can adhere to it and you don't need to get
it all out.

I would try some coarse sandpaper in a palm sander to remove all the
thinset above the top of the Ditra.  It will eat the sandpaper quickly,
but should work.

You need a solid base for the tile.  If the Gorilla glue has any flex,
your grout will quickly fail.

You may want to try your question at http://www.johnbridge.com/ which is
all about tile.

Lots of very helpful tile information in their forum.

If you do try the Gorilla glue or plaything else that works well, please
let me know how it goes.  My kitchen has a loose tile I need to address
one of these days.  It doesn't have a proper base and I have very
energetic kids.

Brian