Re: [Shop-talk] Connecting a remote tank to main system?

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Connecting a remote tank to main system?
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:52:31 -0500
I probably should clarify that the rainwater collection setup is all that
we have and that both roofs are bright aluminum corrugated sheet metal. The
original system been working fine for over a year. We choose to go this
route rather than spend in the mid $20K range to have a well drilled. I am
finding more info online and there are a number of suppliers of components
and complete systems within a couple of hours of us.

Of course you can never have too much storage either. Long term I'm
planning a metal shop building not too far from the house and we'll be
collecting off of it, too. Probably will go with a 2550 gallon tank and a
complete first flush setup, then pump from that tank into the main tank
farm closer to the house as needed.

Since we're roughly 25 miles NW of College Station long term freezing
weather really isn't an issue which makes the whole thing much simpler.

RD