[Shop-talk] Disc brake piston explosion

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Disc brake piston explosion
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:20:37 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/25/2015 19:40:42, Serialize complete at 01/25/2015 19:40:42
Well, not exactly.  My buddy has a 2006 F350 pick up.  He called me
because the rear brake was squirting fluid.  I when up to where he was.
Turns out all four (two on each side) pistons in the rear brakes looked
like they had been smashed with a sledge hammer.  I've never seen a brake
piston fail like that before, never mind all four on the rear.

Weird thing was the pads on the passenger side were worn completely down
and the rotor was shot.  The driver's side pads were rusty as well, but
had almost all their 'meat' on them.

Any ideas what caused it?

Thanks

Eric P