Re: [Shop-talk] direct burial Cat 5

To: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>, shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] direct burial Cat 5
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 14:01:01 -0800
If I did it, I'd run it in PVC conduit.  1/2" conduit is cheap and may
even offset the extra cost of direct burial cable.  I'd be concerned
about a rock or rodent damaging the cable over time.  If you are doing
any future digging, the conduit will also prevent a single push of the
shovel from cutting the cable.

There are narrow trenching shovels that make trenches easier than a
standard shovel.

Brian