Re: [Shop-talk] finding buried gate wiring

To: Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] finding buried gate wiring
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:32:01 -0700
On 07/26/2013 10:46 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:

> You need a tone generator and receiver.  Here is a middle of the road
> one...
>
> _http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Tone-cube-and-Probe-plus-Kit-VDV500-808/203015886#.UfK5cdK-pVM_

I have one, I didn't think it'd work on buried wiring.

The diving rods were a joke (although if they actually worked I'd use them).

I don't think my metal detector has a discriminator but I could be
wrong, it's been a while.

I did find an outfit that rents out wiring detectors which are designed
to work on buried wiring-
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Armada-Technologies-Wire-Valve-Locator-p/pro-700-rental.htm

Eric