Re: [Shop-talk] connectors on SS cable (swaging)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] connectors on SS cable (swaging)
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 13:23:09 -0700
On 5/22/2013 1:14 PM, John Niolon wrote:
> good one Tervor.... google says the nearest Chandlery store is 300 miles
> away... I'm in the middle of Alabama :-)   guess I could try boat yards
> around town...

The cheap swaging tools are a couple pieces of steel bar with half a
hole in each one where they mate and a couple bolts to pull them
together.  I had one and made more use of it than I expected, until the
bolts stripped, and after I replaced the bolts the holes eventually
stripped out too...

Now I've got one of these and while the AWG gauge sizes on the dies are
a joke it does work well if you eyeball the dies you need instead, and
it'll crimp 6AWG and larger wire terminals/battery cables quite nicely
as well as swaging wire-rope type sleeves.

John.