Re: [Shop-talk] dead battery

To: Mike <phoenix722@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dead battery
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:36:16 -0700
Cc: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Mike - If there is any chance it is under warranty, take it back to the
battery place to see if they can charge it with their charger. I would
suspect they would rather help restore the battery instead of doing a
warranty replacement. I had a Sears Die Hard that was dead to me, but
spent an hour on their fancy changer and worked for several more years.
The battery came with my Triumph GT6, so I had no receipt, but they were
helpful and friendly.

They can also diagnose internal problems. Some auto parts stores will
also do a free battery test, so that may be an option as well.

I've had similar behavior with my charger oscillating between max and
zero, but I have a 2A and 12A switch. I set it to 2A for a minute then
can switch it to 12A for a few hours to charge low batteries.

Also, make sure everything is off on the car. For example, if the
headlights are on, as soon as you turn on the charger, they are going to
draw all the power.

Brian