Re: [Shop-talk] Fluorescent lights (I need help here)

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fluorescent lights (I need help here)
From: Randy <mistertwo@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 20:08:27 -0500
If you are buying new fixtures I'd go with either the T5 or T8. The T12 are
being phased out and are less efficient.Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com> wrote:I
have a pair of fixtures that take 8-foot T12 HO bulbs (which have a
different type of pins at each end).
They are real bright.B  Last year I found reasonably-priced GE electronic
ballasts to replaced the original magnetic ones, and now they start right
up in winter weather, and are totally silent.

But I suspect that these types of fixtures are being phased out.

Doug