Re: [Shop-talk] caulk gun

To: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] caulk gun
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 21:53:49 -0700
Cc: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Brad - I have one of the orange caulk guns another list member
mentioned.  It is made by Cox and says Wexford and made in England. I
thought I got it at Home Depot a number of years ago, but they don't
have it on their website, though they do have other Cox products.

See

http://www.amazon.com/41001-Wexford-10-3-Ounce-Cartridge-Skeleton/dp/B000DZCYLA

or a fiberglass one

http://www.amazon.com/21001-10-3-Ounce-Cartridge-Skeleton-Fiberglass/dp/B000FPDFHA

for samples.  If the links don't work just put in "cox caulk gun" at
Amazon and select under $25.

I highly recommend this gun.  Mine is metal and has gone though many
tubes, including some old stuff that went hard.  It doesn't have teeth
like you wanted, but I can say it will apply considerable pressure and
not slip.  This shaft is a hexagon.  At the same time, when you release
the grip, it slightly eases the pressure, so the caulk stops.  The bent
hook one the back of the shaft is great for hanging on a pocket or part
of a ladder.

I pulled out my cheap caulk gun last summer because I misplaced the Cox
one and there is so much difference, I looked till I found the good one.

Brian