Re: [Shop-talk] aftermarket horn...was Headlight housing hazing

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] aftermarket horn...was Headlight housing hazing
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:51:31 -0700 (PDT)
Just get a hornblaster and be done with it. Youtube hornblaster and while they
were being idiots, it shows the power of the horn. I too got a horn thinking
it would help. While loud, it was no comparison to the hornblaster.

Brian
>________________________________
2012 4:18 PM
>Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] aftermarket horn...was Headlight
housing hazing

>You can get the same horn at Harbor Freight on sale for
about $20.

<tputland@charter.net>
Tue, September 11, 2012 3:08:43 PM

PM, Ronnie Day wrote:

>> I worked on the headlights on our '05 Accord this
weekend. I've used a
>> couple of the commercial kits and I think the
Meguiar's Heavy Duty kits is
>> the best in my experience. It includes both
1000 and 3000 grit disks and a
>> comfortable to use disk holder, along with a
liquid polish and a sealer.
>> There's also a soft cotton buffing disk for use
with a drill that's about 3
>> inches across so it works well on all sizes and
shapes of headlights.

>> I expect the sealer helps maintain the clarity
longer than you might get
>> with just sanding and polishing. Our commute in
through farm country and
>> there's often a lot of "junk" in the air. In fact
a year or so ago our '95
>> Odyssey started overheating for no apparent
reason, Turned out that over
>> several years the space between the AC
condenser and rad had become full of
>> this stuff floating around in the air.
I'm sure it's somewhat abrasive on
>> the headlights at 75 plus, too.
Interesting to note that the headlights on
>> the Odyssey are cast from harder
plastic than the Accord. They're held up
>> well but were also much improved
after using the Maguier's kit on them, as
>> were the headlights on our '93
GMC PU.

>> I've noticed when driving our "new" '02 Suburban that the
headlights leave
>> much to be desired, but it looks like the outfit that was
mentioned here on
>> the list that was offering high output headlights is no
longer in business.
>> I'll dig around on Jeg's, LMC Truck and some of the
Chev/GMC truck forums
>> to see what I can find. I also want to improve the
horn on the Sub. The OE