[Shop-talk] Clean and lube suggestions for A/C fan

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net (Linux)/6.0.13_GA_2944)
Subject: [Shop-talk] Clean and lube suggestions for A/C fan
From: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:53:52 +0000 (UTC)
My window air conditioner started up a few days ago sounding very ill. Clearly
the fan/blower bearings are noisy, so I pulled all apart, cleaned and am
thinking lubrication would be in order.

I think it has sleeve bearings, but I'm not certain. I just spun it again and
it feels like balls without the fan and blower attached. (GE; 1/10HP;
1000/860/700 RPM; 120VAC; 1.40A; 1-phase double-ended; thermally protected;
class B insulation; "SKCP 29HC A101CS" (presumably model or type) if anyone
recognises it.)

I haven't used any solvents yet on the bearing region, because I don't want to
wash any crud into the bearings.

I am soliciting suggestions for cleaning and re-lubricating the bearings - most
things are accessible but the motor case is riveted shut, so I'll not be
opening it that far.

Donald.
--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
()  no proprietary attachments; no html mail