Re: [Shop-talk] [Spits] master brake

To: Dave <dave@ranteer.com>, Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [Spits] master brake
From: bk13 <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 12:43:25 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
Dave - I am assuming the Spit is like the TR6 and GT6.  Make sure you have the
washers under the screw heads or consider adding an extra washer.  In my case,
the screws were bottoming out in the threaded inserts in the plastic reservoir.
 Also, make sure someone didn't over torque the screws and pull out the
inserts.  You may want to put the reservoir on the M/C without the rubber
washer and look and see that they go together flatly.  If so, they reassemble
with the washers.  Note that if you over tighten the screws, you will deform
the reservoir and have leakage at the middle of the seals.

Brian with a 72 TR6 and 73 GT6