Re: [Shop-talk] Battery minders?

To: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery minders?
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:49:44 -0800 (PST)
I swear by Xtreme chargers:

http://www.xtremechargers.com/

I have two single units and one double unit.  I have tried other brands, but
these units have a patented de-sulfation pulse cycle. They work fine on
motorcycle, AGM, conventional lead-acid car batteries, etc.

I have the original Delco "green eye" battery in my 2003 GMC cargo van and I
put
it on an Xtreme charger once a week.  I cannot say that this is why the battery
has survived nine years, but it helped to convince me.

I have several motorcycles and kept them on various tenders over the years only
to lose batteries after two or three years.  I have not had a motorcycle
battery
failure since I started using the Xtreme chargers (I leave them plugged in
24/7).  I have given away my other battery tenders.

They cost about $80 for the single units and $120 for the double units if you
look around the web for discounts.  Clearly not cheap, but a battery for the
Aprilia costs $135...

Your "mileage" surely may vary.
 best,

doug