Re: [Shop-talk] Water testing

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Water testing
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:54:10 -0400
On 7/15/2011 12:54 PM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> Seems that the only places that do water testing are places that sell
> filters and such.
BTW, the tests these guys perform, in my experience, only check for what
they can filter out and isn't that scientific.  They just used dip strips.

Also, if you need a water softener or some other filter don't go with
these companies.  They sell propriety equipment and you can't get
parts.  Rather you have to pay them for the parts and service.  My water
softener broke and was out of warrantee.  I found a place online that
sells equipment and parts.  For a little more than a service call and a
fraction of the original system I got a new open source water soften
which seems to work better.

Peter T.