[Shop-talk] Above ground oil tanks

Subject: [Shop-talk] Above ground oil tanks
From: shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org (shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org)
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 15:57:49 -0400
We just had our underground oil tank replaced with an above-ground oil tank
(as a part of buying the property).  The oil service company (Crown in NJ),
noted that the oil already has antifreeze and rust inhibitor in it.  As
Peter just mentioned, check with your oil supplier.

On a related note, the tank insurance policy required written notice prior
to changing tanks (and paying a fee); otherwise the insurance would not
cover leaks that were discovered in the process.  This was an important
nuance since the tank was indeed leaking and the remediation costs add-up
quickly.

- Ian