[Shop-talk] Air Compressor

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:26:35 -0400
Corrosion Acres was originally named for the acres of rusting British
cars...now I can add air compressors to the list...

I always wondered how long my 40-year-old Craftsman air compressor
tank would last, and how destructively catastrophic would the failure
be?  Turns out to be 40 years, and not very.

I went out to the shop this morning to inflate the bicycle
tires...flipped on the compressor and after it shut off, I heard a
loud hissing.  Wondering which of my poor fittings came loose, I
crawled under the bench and discovered a pool of rusty water directly
under the tank.

So, I need a new compressor.   I'd like to get a two-stage, with
enough CFM to run a sandblaster intermittently.  Any brand/model
suggestions?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga. - Now with extra corrosion!

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums