Re: [Shop-talk] Where to get glycerin?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Where to get glycerin?
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:32:09 -0500
Arvid,

How about trying a bottle of kid's bubbles? The kids stuff is thinner,
but it should work. Our propane distributor used to make his own by
shaving a bar of Ivory soap into a squirt bottle, then adding water. It
formed a saturated solution of soap that worked fine. Big brother later
declared that the solution needed to be traceable in case of an
explosion, so he had to switch to a purchased product.

You might check with a propane distributor or your local gas company to
see if you can get a small quantity of what they use. I suspect it is
available at big box stores, or plumbing supply stores.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Arvid Jedlicka, On 5/20/2011 10:16 AM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums