[Shop-talk] Replacing an inground oil tank mail.megageek.com>

Subject: [Shop-talk] Replacing an inground oil tank mail.megageek.com>
From: jblair1948 at cox.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:57:20 -0400
At 01:55 PM 4/22/2011, Moose wrote:

 >Thanks for the heads up.  I know that this thing can be a big problem.  I
 >do have a separate policy on teh oil tank in case of a leak, so I'm not to
 >worried about going bankrupt (but it is a concern.)

Moose,

I haven't seen anybody address filling in the old tank.

It's been over 25 years since I've had to deal with that
problem.  But the house
I was in before this one, had an in ground tank.  When I was trying to buy the
house, the owner (a freind) and I filled the existing tank with sand,
so the ground
wouldn't cave in, and then installed a new above ground tank
basically over top
the the old one.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net