Re: [Shop-talk] how to loosen stuck pistons?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] how to loosen stuck pistons?
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 19:05:20 -0500
When I get time to mess with it again I may try the ATF/Acetone, that
would be pretty easy to do.

When the engine was in the car I tried rotating the engine  I ended up
putting it in high gear and putting a large pipe wrench on the
driveshaft.  I put nearly 200ft-pounds on it and nothing moved.  This
little engine won't develop nearly that much torque when running at full
throttle.

I pulled the head off to investigate.  I PB'd the cylinders numerous
times, let it set, and tried hitting the tops of the pistons with a
block of wood and a small sledge hammer.  I pulled the engine out,
pulled the pan, pulled a rod cap off and tried to knock that piston
out.  I was being a little easy on it this time not wanting to damage
the pistons from the bottom, but couldn't get any movement.  I'm not
sure the pistons can be reused anyway.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums