Re: [Shop-talk] Help Identifying Kienzle Clock

To: <neiljsherry@talktalk.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Help Identifying Kienzle Clock
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:39:26 -0600
Sorry for not updating the group.  Someone on the list solved the mystery for
me, but I didn't realize that his reply was just to me, or that my "Reply to
All" message thus only went to him.  It is a Saab clock from the late 60's.  I
would never have pegged that "W" as a Saab logo, but you can see the logo
 here; it is the second one down:

http://www.saabhistory.com/2008/07/17/the-evolution-of-the-saab-saab-scania-s
aab-logo/

It is hard to believe the thin paint lines cover up the SAAB letters,
but you can even see 'splotches' in the paint where the jet's engines
would have been.  Mystery solved!

Thanks for the effort.

Cheers,

Jim

> Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 21:28:19 +0000
> From: neiljsherry@talktalk.net
> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Help Identifying Kienzle Clock
>
> This looks like the kind of clock that were used in early '70's Volvos
> (for example 140 series). Could the scrubbing be obliterating the word
> 'VOLVO'?
> Neil
>
> On 07/03/2011 18:29, Bill Rabel wrote:
> > The only other German connections I can come up with are Wanderer (one of
the
> > four circles of Auto Union), or the East German Wartburg, which is more
> > contemporary. Wanderer's logo was a wider letter W than the example you
show,
> > but Wartburg used a narrow W, where the center point was crossed like an
X,

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/neiljsherry@talktalk.net