Re: [Shop-talk] Garnet blast media?

To: pat@hornesystemstx.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garnet blast media?
From: "David C." <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:13:02 -0800
Garnet would probably be a lot more aggressive than glass beads and good
for rusty stuff.  It's commonly used as the "sand" in sandpaper.  I
wouldn't use it on aluminum or anything soft, though.

I leave glass beads in my blasting cabinet, and save the rougher media
for the pot feeder to be  used outside on larger and/or more rusty stuff.