Re: [Shop-talk] xmas lights, shunts, and magic

To: "'North Bay British Car Club'" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] xmas lights, shunts, and magic
From: "David C." <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 12:37:46 -0800
Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not up on Christmas lights and
decorations.  My primary response to the holidays, and Christmas in
particular, is to ignore them/it to the fullest extent possible.  I
haven't bought Christmas lights in probably 25 years.  Given that, I was
under the impression that:
1.  Pretty much all Christmas lights these days are LED; and
2.  Series wired Christmas lights went out sometime around the middle of
the first Eisenhower administration.  Shunts? Seems like a solution
looking for a problem.

BTW, thanks for the answers on internet Rx.  Pretty much confirmed my
suspicions.  I guess I'll  take an old fashioned paper prescription to
Wally World.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums