[Shop-talk] amateur body work

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] amateur body work
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:33:33 -0800 (PST)
Hi Guys,
I have a 1998 GMC Safari (same as Chevy Astro) that was in pretty good shape
until my son decided to butt heads with an immovable object. I have stripped
all the damaged body panels (hood, bumper&cover, grill, and one fender) to
asses the damage to the body structure and can only find that the radiator
support was kinked inwards less than one inch. While this doesn't sound very
bad it does throw off the alignment of the front fender (pass side). The
Safari/Astro use unibody construction and the radiator support panel is a
substantial piece of metal. Specially the horizontal piece at the top where the
damage is. This part is boxed and gaining access behind the damaged area is
nearly impossible without removing a LOT of junk. Do you guys have any
suggestions?
Thanks
Jorge

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums