Re: [Shop-talk] PTO Pumps

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] PTO Pumps
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 10:16:24 -0500
Not knowing what kind of tractor you have you may want to check to see what
'the other PTO's' on the machine might have to offer. I have a 540 pto on
the back but the PTO that run the mower and the snow blower come off the
front of the transmission and is 1000 rpm.

I'm not sure what the shaft\spline specifications on the front PTO for my
tractor are ... there are two 1000 rpm standards ... 20 spline 1 3/4
diameter and 21 spline 1 3/8 diameter ... I am sure it would be the smaller
one if it is actually standard and not just a John Deere special deal ...
but that might be an option if running the 1000 rpm pump at half speed off
the back doesn't get the job done.

Arvid

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums