Re: [Shop-talk] Patching holes in a concrete block foundation?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Patching holes in a concrete block foundation?
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 21:53:37 -0500
If you really want to seal it, then fill the vertical cells in the
blocks with grout up to and above the point where the pipes/conduits go
through.  You might want to wrap the pipes with something so the grout
won't bond and prevent you from ever removing the pipes in the future.

There are 2 ways to put in the grout.  You can just pump it in from the
top until it fills the cells.  Or you can enlarge the hole on the inside
wall, cram some heavy wadded up paper into the cell and push it down a
little bit, then it takes less grout to fill the cell.  When the grout
gets up to the point where the hole in the cell is, you can hold a board
or something like that against the hole to keep the grout from spilling out.

Grout is commonly mixed using 1 part cement and 2.5-3 parts sand.  You
do put a lot of water in it, to the consistency of a milkshake, but the
extra water isn't a problem because the masonry will suck some of the
water out of the mix.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums