Re: [Shop-talk] Inside/outside angle finder

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Inside/outside angle finder
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 15:33:51 -0500
I've seen this done on TV how-to shows.  It seemed like the easy way out
but apparently it works and even has some advantages.
The other thing is to put the molding on and then caulk the gaps.  Then
when you paint it it looks seamless.

Back to the original question- if you are asking about how to read a
vernier then it should work the same as a vernier caliper or something
similar.  IOW the main scale has a certain increment, the vernier scale
has that increment broken into smaller pieces but with one scale
expanded a bit WRT the other one.  You look at the vernier and find the
2 opposing lines that match up the closest,  whatever the number is
associated with that mark you then add to the measurement you get from
the main scale.  I don't know if that harbor freight thing works the
same way or not.

http://www.upscale.utoronto.ca/PVB/Harrison/Vernier/Vernier.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernier_scale

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums