Re: [Shop-talk] Fwd: Fools and Funding

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fwd: Fools and Funding
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:47:19 -0600
Thanks for reminding folks.  No doubt some of you watch public television
and listen to NPR radio stations and such.  My favorite in Salt Lake is
KRCL.  Twice a year they have fund drives.  For like a week or so they
are *constantly* badgering listeners about contributing.  I did so happily
back when I had a steady income.  The Team.Net funding drives are
based on the same idea, it is just that I send out one, and only one message
about it when it occurs.  One could claim that the donate link in the
real time message trailers proves otherwise, but nobody ever pays attention
to that ;-)

Okay, I do often slip in a sly reference to donations every now and again
at other times, but I try annoy as little as possible.  It is nice to have
others who care about keeping Team.Net on the air pitch on behalf
of keeping the bills paid and the hardware running.  Thanks again.

Of course, tonight I am more concerned about the hardware involved
in getting a TV signal, as my previous "That isn't nice"message outlined.
Better living through technology, indeed!

mjb.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums