Re: [Shop-talk] How do they do that?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How do they do that?
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 22:40:35 -0400
I've had a couple instances like that with my outback.  the outback's
trans has some really hard shocks during upshifts.  twice from the
dealer: no fault found.

i took a movie with the digcam to document it and emailed them to the
service manager.  now they get it....

At 04-14-2010 at 22:14, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Peter J.
Thomas's keyboard and said:

>I had a friend who had a new car.  One morning it would not start.
>Called the dealership and the dealership had it towed to the
>shop.  The mechanics could not find any fault and gave the car back
>to the owner.
>Next morning same thing, no starty.  Another tow and another
>"nothing's wrong".  Next morning, again no starty.  This time he
>called owner of the dealership, I believe at home.  The owner,
>service manager and a mechanic came to the car and saw first hand it
>would not start.  Turns out dust from the clutch was landing on an
>optical sensor that detects rotation in the flywheel.  The computer
>would not turn on the gas pump until it detected the flywheel was
>turning.  Towing the car to the dealship on bumpy rural roads shook
>the dust off of the sensor.

Cheers!

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums