Re: [Shop-talk] Harbour freight air line

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Harbour freight air line
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:06:46 -0700
> Any out there have any experience with the rubber air hose sold by
> harbour freight?

As noted, they sell several different grades.  The house brand blue PVC
seemed to hold up better for me than the black rubber house brand, or even
the black rubber Goodyear.  Maybe I'm extra hard on them or something, but
it seems like it's always the last few feet before the tool end that
degrades for me.  I'm currently using the orange Goodyear "Pliovic", which I
like because it's more flexible, but I've had to trim back the end twice now
in perhaps 10 years.  I cut off the crimp ferrule and replaced it with
several turns of safety wire, capped with heat shrink tubing (so I could
reuse the original fitting).

No idea how cold would affect any of them.

-- Randall in sunny SoCA

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums