[Shop-talk] PC-based or handheld oscilloscopes?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] PC-based or handheld oscilloscopes?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 10:54:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I'm considering getting a small handheld or PC-based oscilloscope, and I was
wondering if anybody had any recommendations.  My budget is something like
$300, so the Tek or Fluke products are out of the question.

I have seen standalone units from Vellman and some Chinese manufacturers,
as well as some PC-based units like these:

Link MSO-19: http://www.linkinstruments.com/mso19.htm

Parallax PropScope: www.parallax.com

Various models from Pico Tech: http://www.picotech.com/oscilloscope.html

Any advice?  I'm certain that I would use it for ignition analysis as well as
other electronic applications.

Thanks,

Doug

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums