Re: [Shop-talk] Mythbusters sucks! [rant] (was: water heater

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mythbusters sucks! [rant] (was: water heater
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:25:05 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I think their budget is getting used up on all their stupid fill sequences
> (firing a minigun and massive amounts of Amoirna Nitrate) and they don't
> have money to do better on the smaller myths.

    I'd like to believe budget is the problem... but I can't.  How much
would it cost to hire an intern to search the Internet and see if the
"myth" in question is really a myth or not?  They're just intellectually
lazy with their research and logic.

    And that begs the question, even when they have a properly-designed
meaningful test, are they capable of accurately executing it?  Or, is it
all just special effects, smoke, and noise?  If I'm just watching the
latter, I can find that with a better plot on another channel.

my twopence,

--
  David Hillman