Re: [Shop-talk] outdoor low light "security" cameras

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] outdoor low light "security" cameras
From: Marcus Pless <mpless@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:55:51 -0800
I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions. Since I'm
basically looking for a "critter cam" this needs to be an
inexpensive project. I've got a couple of ideas based on
the responses that I'm still investigating. One question
that I've sent to a retailer (at Smarthome.com) is exactly
what "motion activated" implies. Is the camera always "recording"
to a PC and it only uses the motion activation to generate
an alert, or does the motion activation initiate the "recording".
Potentially a huge difference in disk usage.  ;-)

When/if I implement something I'll report any findings.

Thanks again!

--Marcus