Re: [Shop-talk] HF Tire changer.

To: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HF Tire changer.
From: Steve Dillen <sdillen@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:24:41 -0800
This sounds like a fairly desperate measure....and something that I'd
only try about 10 minutes before I dragged the sawzall and an angle
grinder to the scene of the crime.

My changer has three sets of adjustment holes in the bead breaker.  Try
to adjust it such that the downward force on the breaker bar lever
results in about a 45 degree angle of force on the bead-breaker
"foot"....forcing the foot apply downward pressure right at the rim.
Lube won't help much because it won't be getting to the part that's
"stuck".  I've also used a prybar (Stanley Wonder Bar style....those
with a really wide/flat claw) to help get the bead to start moving.
Once you get a segment of the bead to loosen off, work around the rim
from there....rotating the rim a few inches at a time and things will
start to move.

....looks like others have answered along these same lines before I got
the chance to hit send.

Steve Dillen
Maple Ridge, BC