Re: [Shop-talk] home car alignment tools

To: "Eric Murray" <ericm@lne.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] home car alignment tools
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 14:57:41 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Murray"

> So, what's the best tools for measuring toe?  "toe plates"?
> http://www.saferacer.com/longacre-toe-plates-wtapes.html?productid=486

Looks quite expensive for something one could make from scrap plywood. (me
being frugal. OK cheap.)

I've measured toe on my MGA using a couple of woodworking squares & a length
of 2X4.

> I have also been thinking of using a digital angle gauge like
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Wixey-WR300-Digital-Angle-Gauge/dp/B001PTGBRQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1240410257&sr=1-9

If it is accurate enough it might do the job. And if its accurate but won't
do the job you could sell it to me. (1/2 price because I'm frugal. OK,
cheap.)

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell