Re: [Shop-talk] Is this really true ??

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Is this really true ??
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:46:11 -0600
Indeed, I've long heard of "skin effect" in antennas, but never heard of it
in electrical power transmission.  12-gauge stranded wire is rated the same
as 12-gauge solid, so it sounded like BS, but I figured I'd ask.

There may be some advantage in avoiding the corrosion issues with aluminum
conductors, with the copper "coating", but who knows what that "coating"
really is anyway.

Thanks !
Karl