Re: [Shop-talk] 220 outlets

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 220 outlets
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:16:34 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, Randall wrote:
> Personally, I'd just stick a bunch of them on the same circuit (maybe
> make the circuit big enough to run two at a time).  No different really
> than having a row of 110v 15 amp outlets all on the same 15 amp circuit,
> which is fairly common in house wiring.

The issue I've had with this kinda thing is how to splice the (thick)
wires together to be able to put a bunch of 220vac outlets in series.

Love to get any feedback on proper methods for this.

Also, if you size the breaker big enough for two loads, remember that the
outlets all need to be rated for that higher amperage as well, which
almost certainly means redoing plugs, etc.

Mark