Re: [Shop-talk] Straightening brake lines

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Straightening brake lines
From: "Joe Szwed" <jszwed@energykinetics.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:11:38 -0400
>> Is there any trick for getting coiled tubing straight?

Years ago when I worked in a machine shop, we used to run some jobs that was
made from coiled aluminum and copper.
The material had to be straightened before it could be cut to length.  What
we had was homemade I believe, but it was a
series of say 5 rollers with a full radius cut on each one and they were
mounted in two staggered rows on a piece of angle iron.
We used to put this in a vice and pull the tubing through it by hand.  It
worked really well.

Joe Szwed