Re: [Shop-talk] PVC patching.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, markmiller@threeboysfarm.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] PVC patching.
From: Dwade Reinsch <dreinsch@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 04:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
Another way is to block the pipes with a plug so the water stops, dry the the
ends and glue on a threaded coupling.  Then you are able to remove the plugs,
because the pipe is not closed yet and you are not trying to glue in moving
water, only tighten threads until the leak is gone. In metal the piece is
called a split union, I think.

Dwade