Re: [Shop-talk] Blasting media

To: Karl Vacek <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Blasting media
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:49:07 -0700 (PDT)
Is there a Tractor Supply store near you?  I got a barrel of beads there, and
they work OK for me.  They also carry Black Beauty, which I like a lot, but it
will get the inside of your blast cabinet a bit messy.

I made a blast cabinet
3 years ago, and it has been EXTREMELY useful!

I also have Eastwood's soda
blasting adapter kit installed on my
generic Chinese pressure blaster.  Soda
blasting is great.  You can do it while wearing a bathing suit!  The only
downsides are that the media is pricey, and it does not remove rust at all.
Doug