[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] running ethernet wires

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] running ethernet wires
From: Chris Kantarjiev <>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:27:51 -0700 (PDT)
> 568B is preferred.

By whom? :-) The United States National Communication Systems Federal
Telecommunications Recommendations do not recognize T568B.  TIA/EIA
recommends T568A for new construction and is common in rest of
world.  (The ANSI/EIA/TIA-570 standard, 'Residential Telecommunications
Cabling Standard', should be followed. It indicates the use of T568A
for residences.)

It's all incredibly confusing, and really doesn't matter unless
you're a Bell-head.
Support Team.Net

Shop-talk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>