Re: [Shop-talk] Truck tires

To: Phil Nase <nases@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Truck tires
From: "Bruce S. Ayling" <bsayling@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 12:39:56 -0400
Consumer reports gave top marks to the Pirelli Scorpions.

I recently put a set on my '97 F-250 Diesel (2WD) and have been
extremely happy. They're rated all terrain and have a moderately
aggressive tread, but are quiet and have excellent on road traction wet
or dry. They are reported to have high rolling resistance which will
effect economy, but I haven't run mileage since I put them on. Depending
on size they come with various load ratings (mine are good for the 8500+
gvw of my 250). I have towed a great deal with them - no issue. I have
less than 10k on mine, but as of now would recommend them without
reservation.

Bruce Ayling
Blythewood, SC